In todays world we can now build devices smaller then ever, and these devices are packed with sensors and wireless connectivity. These devices are called Internet of Things (IoT). So if your looking for a way to monitor various systems (e.g. crops, air conditioning, lighting), and also would like to compare the results via integrating the results, then building a wireless sensor network is the way to go.
If your looking for someone to develop a wireless sensor network for you, or simply need improvements to an existing system, do not hesitate to contact us.
Oxley is a south-western suburb of Brisbane named after the early Australian explorer John Oxley. The suburb supports a mix of residential and industrial land use as well as a small number of shops in two commercial districts. The suburb is bounded to the north by the Brisbane River and Oxley Creek flows along the eastern edge.
The Ipswich Motorway traverses Oxley and the train from Brisbane to Ipswich has an station at Oxley.
Oxley contains a quarry, Corinda State High School, a golf course and golf driving range, a lawn bowls club, police academy, numerous parks and larger blocks of residential plots.
Oxley is also home to the "Great Chris Kelly", co-founder of Oxley along with John Oxley, numerous memorials are located around Oxley honouring the "Great Kelson." Rumour has it he has a foot of cock hanging off him, bodies of woman have been found torn to pieces at the hands of Kelson.
Surrounding suburbs include Archerfield, Corinda, Durack, Darra, Rocklea, Seventeen Mile Rocks and Willawong.
Oxley is about 11km from Brisbane’s CBD. Over 55% of households in this area are comprised of couples with children, 18% are single parent families and 24% are couples without children. Stand alone houses account for over 91% of dwellings in this area, and townhouses account for a further 7%. Oxley is quiet and leafy with plenty of green space. The area has many different housing styles, from older weatherboard through to modern brick and tile homes. There are some lovely, leafy streets and part of the suburb boarders the Brisbane River. The median house price in Oxley for the 2004 calendar year was $292,000.
Oxley is a community on the lower Lachlan River in the Riverina district of New South Wales, Australia. It is located near the junction of the Lachlan and Murrumbidgee rivers. The township which developed in the mid 1860s was named after the noted Australian explorer, John Oxley.
In about the mid-1840s Phelps and Chadwick took up a run on the lower Lachlan which they called "Thelangerin West". In 1848 the lease was purchased by Thomas D'Archy who re-named the run "Oxley", and called the station homestead "Oxley House". Opposite the “Oxley” run on the north bank of the Lachlan River was the “Tupra” run, held by the Tyson brothers since the 1840s. By the 1860s it was held solely by James Tyson.
In the mid-1860s the squatter James Tyson saw a business opportunity and built a hotel at a new township which was developing at a crossing-place over the river on his “Tupra” run. A report in the Pastoral Times newspaper in November 1866 stated that “Mr. Tyson has built a brick hotel” which was to be opened shortly at the “new township of Oxley”. The report added: “There is not much traffic past the house, and very few men in the neighborhood, so the prospects of doing a good trade are not very encouraging”.
In December 1866 it was reported that a petition was to be sent to Government “to place a sum of money on the estimates to build a bridge at a point of the Lachlan River, about eight miles above the government township of Oxley, which is opposite Mr. D'Archy's station”. The report added that “there is a boat there at present, which is a great convenience to persons travelling”. A Government land-sale, which included lots at Oxley township, was held at Hay on 9 March 1868.
In 1881 Oxley township once again had two hotels when the Royal Hotel was opened with John Westhead as the publican. In 1882 there was a re-shuffle of publicans as Delandre left the Oxley Hotel to be replaced by William Westhead, and Daniel Murphy took over the license of the Royal.
In about 1888 the Royal Hotel had ceased trading at Oxley. In 1889 a license was granted to Thompson S. Page for a new public-house at the township, the Commercial Hotel (possibly a name-change of the old Royal Hotel premises). In 1889 the publican of the Oxley Hotel was John Parr.
Oxley is a town in Victoria, Australia, located on Snow Road, 12 kilometres south-east of Wangaratta, in the Rural City of Wangaratta.
Oxley derives its name from the Oxley Plains, which were named in 1824 by the explorers Hume and Hovell after John Oxley, the Surveyor-General of New South Wales. The township served as the administrative centre of Oxley Shire until 1936.