The CTO of COLETEK (Luke Cole) originally worked for Hemisphere GPS as a "Robotics Engineer" implementing auto-guidance solutions for agriculture tractors and quadbikes. Luke Cole also worked at Location Aware Technologies (433) developing indoor tracking devices. And also worked for leading research institutes such as NICTA, CSIRO and ANU Robotics System Lab (lead by Alex Zelinsky).
Lance Cole has also worked at NICTA and has a background of various hardware development, such as working for a contract company to the US millary (EOS), building the Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS).
Ashgrove is an inner suburb Brisbane, in Queensland, Australia. The suburb is located 5km west of the Brisbane CBD. Ashgrove is a leafy residential suburb, characterised by its hilly terrain and the abundance of small apartment blocks. The micro-suburb St Johns Wood is located in Ashgrove.
There are also many old Queenslander homes in the area, generally referred to as the Ashgrovian style. Ashgrove also contains the neighbourhood of Ithaca, which is the home of the Broncos football club, Ithaca campus of Brisbane North Institute of TAFE, St. Johns Wood, a small area surrounded by Enoggera Creek, and Dorrington.
Ashgrove was originally inhabited by the Aboriginal Turrbal tribe. Waterworks Road was built on a Turrbal pathway that led to Mount Coot-tha - a place of the honey-bee Dreaming. Growth in Ashgrove started in 1856, with the sale of land which housed one of the first homesteads in the area, The Granite House. Sale of crown land stopped in 1875, when all available land was purchased. Soon after sale of land stopped, the first school (Ashgrove State School) and post office was established in 1877.
In 1924 the tramline was extended from Red Hill to Ashgrove, along Waterworks Road, connecting the suburb with the rest of Brisbane. The tram line closed on Monday 5 August 1968. 1940 saw the start of Marist College Ashgrove, with its first headmaster, Brother Ignatius. In 2006 Ashgrove celebrated 'Ashgrove 150', an event organised by the Ashgrove Historical Society to commemorate 150 years of Ashgrove (1856-2006).